I recently had the awesome opportunity of reviewing an extra special little book called “What I Know” ~ Uncommon Wisdom and Universal Truths from 10 year olds and 100 year olds, written by Roger Emerson Fishman. This 96 page book is full of stories and wonderful quotes by 10 year olds and 100 year olds. I love how you can find profound inspiration and insight through the eyes of both the young and old alike.
As many of you know, I have had to endure 3 long weeks of bed rest during the end of my recent pregnancy. It was very trying indeed. But I was able to take the time and really enjoy this book review when I may have otherwise rushed through it.
“What I Know” was really easy to read. It has lots of great black and white photographs and bold quotes following the inspiring stories. Here are a few examples of some of my favorite quotes (by 10 yr olds):
“Certain things have to be taught by your parents. Your just not that smart on your own”
“If you are a person who has a lot of perseverance towards everything, you will soar in life. Before you know it, you will be a doctor, a lawyer, or maybe even the president of the United States.”
“Make sure you really want to have kids. They can be really annoying at times, and never have more than five kids because that = “drama” “
These are just a few of the great quotes included in this book. You will also love the stories written in first person by a handful of men and woman from all walks of life who have lived to the ripe old age of 100 (amazing!). 🙂 They share about life, love, triumph and failure. What better way to gain wisdom than from those who have lived it themselves.
Check out this video where the author shares about his passion for why he wrote this wonderful book.
It is GIVEAWAY time!
The author of this book would like to offer 1 lucky reader the chance to win an autographed copy of the book “What I Know – Uncommon Wisdom and Universal Truths from 10 year olds and 100 year olds”.
All you have to do is watch the short video above and then leave me a comment telling me one thing that touched you about the video.
1. Email 3 friends about this giveaway and comment about who you sent it to.
2. Subscribe to this blog (top right sidebar) and leave a comment
3. Add my Button to your sidebar.? Here’s the code:
<a href=”http://www.paintermommy.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://paintermommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/painter_mommy_button_125x125.png” border=”0″ alt=”Painter Mommy Button”></a>
4. Twitter about t@PainterMommy is giving away an autographed copy of the book “WHAT I KNOW” Just leave a comment to win! http://bit.ly/572tJd Pls RThe giveaway (copy & paste)
5. Become a follower of this blog (bottom right of site)
6. Extra entries for every comment that you leave on other posts (and it needs to be a heartfelt comment, not just a one liner)
7. Follow my blog on Facebook (sidebar) – Networked Blogs
This giveaway ends: Saturday, January 9th
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!