There is a certain age that all children suddenly turn into the too-cool-for-mom pre-teen. The groans, the eye rolling, mass food consumption and the yearning to be anywhere their parents aren’t is something all parents dread. So before they turn into these monsters, take them on a family trip that will produce the much deserved hugs and ‘oohhs’ and ‘ahhhs’:
- Disney World: A place where a child’s wild imagination can run free! Disney World is a must for any child under the age of 12. There are plenty of rides, tours, excursions and yummy foods to do. Watch your child’s eyes grow big with wonderment as they meet their favorite princess or prince. Disney World is always offering great family package prices, so start looking online now!
- The Grand Canyon: Hit up one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and spend your time exploring the 227-mile-long, 5,000-foot-deep Arizona canyon. And don’t forget to head over to the Hoover Dam to see the impressive 726-foot-tall man made dam.
- Statue of Liberty: Take the children on a boat ride on the Circle Line to heaver over and see the popular Lady Liberty in all her glory. Then hike up 10 floors to the observatory deck and finish by visiting the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. A great history lesson to your children about America’s quest for freedom.
- Navarre Beach, Florida: A perfect place to wet their toes and build sandcastles! This kid-friendly beach is Florida’s best kept secret. The sands are clean and white and the water a beautiful clear aqua color. This beach is tucked away between Pensacola and Destin and provides a great beach experience for younger kiddos. It almost feels like a private beach!
- Mount Rushmore: One of the coolest manmade wonders of the world that your children will go nuts over. Four former presidents faces stand over 60 feet tall to represent the first 150 years of American’s history. It took approximately 400 men, 14 years to finish the carvings of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
Book your next flight and plan your next road trip before your kiddos get to ‘cool’ and too ‘old’ for fun family trips like these. Pack your sunscreen, camera and prepare to make many favorite childhood memories! Happy and safe travels!
Guest post author Jenny Ellis is a freelance writer, and a regular contributor for aupair care.
Leave a Reply